Thursday, September 19, 2013

a little story

  A little story of how the Lord works in my life:
  Almost 20 years ago I had a great friend who was my next door neighbor.  I'd go knocking on his door and ask him if he wanted to go for a walk down a mile long dirt road with me.  I'd grab his arm, he'd protest a minute and then we'd set off arm in arm walking down the street, shooting the breeze.  One day I remember I grabbed his arm to set off and on the way back he reached down and took my hand.  I was surprised that this shy young man (a bit younger than me) responded back. In 1996 before my family moved from FL to GA I told him we were moving away, I remember looking him in the eye and seeing him tear up a bit, he hugged me, and then before saying a final goodbye that young man kissed me.   My family moved to GA and I wrote to him, a bit late I suppose, because other family members who lived in the area said his family had moved away..and all communication was lost.  Over the years I'd see men who had similar features to him and my heart would skip a beat, and I'd say a little prayer for him and his family, and hope to one day see him again.  I'd Google his name, he had a pretty unique name...Myspace.com started and I found him again, it had been so long since I'd last seen him, at that time, that I hesitated in befriending him again, after a few years I closed out my account and then Facebook started.  In 2010 I found him on Facebook, this time I did add him as a friend...He didn't have much to say, but he was on my list of friends...in 2013 I had a dream involving him and told the Lord that if we were suppose to be in contact then let him start it, I'd changed alot over the past 17 years... I waited and nothing happened ...I had a few more dreams over the next few weeks, one of which stood out as a bit strange, out of the ordinary, I told my mom about the dream and it was interpreted, a dream from God, I prayed "ok, God, if you want this to happen, and that's the only way it's going to happen, then I will write him, once".  I honestly didn't know if this man remembered who I was.  He responded back, we talked on the phone, and 3 months later he is again my next door neighbor, and I have my bestest friend back again.  Who I love dearly!!

2 comments:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

I kept looking for another update on your blog and for the longest time didn't see one.I had almost given up! I am so happy that I looked again.:)

I love you!
Mom

VJ's Scrap Room said...

I kept looking for another update on your blog and for the longest time didn't see one.I had almost given up! I am so happy that I looked again.:)

I love you!
Mom