Thursday, September 19, 2013

another story of how the Lord works

so, yesterday was a long day of driving to find a vehicle, I had looked online for a vehicle and finally found one that was decently priced and looked nice in the photos, I took mom, dad, and Beau with me to look at the car, we get to the dealership and they drive the car out, and the carfax, it had been in an accident and repaired, not a big deal since the car was pretty old (2005), had a damaged tail light they wouldn't fix, the antennae was broken, and they were asking a reduced price of 7,000$ for the vehicle, then the games began--which is really why I asked dad and Beau to come along-the dealership brought out a piece of paper that said end total was over $9000 dollars and I don't think that included any kind of warranty..dad said no way-we were looking under 7000 out the door-warranty included---I'm not good at this part so I just watched...lol...(at this time I'd already been approved for a loan and had my down payment ready.) Dealer made a fuss, called his gm brought the sheet back over, made a comment about not having a lot of money in the car, they'd done about 700$ worth of work on it(it still needed work), he'd dropped the estimate down $200 dollars because we were such nice folks and he wanted to help us out...dad and Beau's response were "sure, sure" and some words were exchanged, we were asked to leave...I smiled on the way out...it was kinda interesting to watch them fluster the poor salesman...Funny thing is that morning I woke up early to do a little more searching because I wanted to see what other cars this make and model were going for...found one they were asking 5995$ no dealer fees etc etc, different color, but same car..so we headed over to take a look at the car...Dad and the dealer got on pretty good, lots of laughs, test drive, check over, prayer and found that this vehicle had less mileage, all the lights were in good condition, got the carfax, was in 2 minor accidents, repaired by authorized mechanic, and well taken care of(maintenance), after some talking the dealer was able to get the price down to $7,100 included 2 yr. extended warranty, tax, tag, title, out the door..Funny how the Lord works, had I not researched that morning and prayed I'd have not seen the 2nd car, and would still be driving the Cavalier, cause no way was I paying $9000 on the other one...when you get that feeling that this isn't the right path, get off that path, cause God's got something better in mind.. the insurance agent said I got an awesome deal :) ...and dad would certainly recommend anyone in the area looking for a used vehicle search Marietta Auto Mall Center

1 comment:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Love how the Lord works in our behalf.:)

Huge hugs and LOTS of LOVE,
Mom